Tuesday 5 January 2016

Daniel McCrossan selected as the SDLP’s new West Tyrone MLA



Speaking after being selected Mr McCrossan said, “It is a real honour to take over from Joe Byrne in the Assembly. He is the reason I joined the party and I’ve worked closely with him for many years now. I know this was not an easy decision for him but he’s remaining as Party Treasurer and I know he’ll be a close advisor.

“The energy in the room last night (Thursday 17th Dec) was a testimony to the work Joe has done over the years, and I know full well the responsibility I am taking on. But it is a challenge that l am ready for and I would like to thank everyone who supported me last night.”

He added, “As the next MLA for West Tyrone I will campaign for proper commitment to funding the A5, for strategic investment in increasing apprenticeship places and for Northern Ireland to remain within Europe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment