Thursday 10 January 2013

JOIN SDLP YOUTH, YOUR VOICE FOR CHANGE!!





STRABANE SDLP Youth ready for action

The Strabane SDLP youth branch is currently up and running and are looking for progressive young people to get involved. It’s a great opportunity for any young people with an interest in politics to get actively involved and have fun. Strabane SDLP Youth are committed to making the Strabane area a better place to live in.

One of the main aims is to get young people to rediscover that they have a strong voice on what happens in their local area. Young people have the energy and charisma to know what they want and how to get it done. We hope to channel all that talent into a viable political force to bring about change.

The Strabane SDLP Youth also offer budding politicians work experience in our busy office. A visit to Stormont while mixing with senior party figures will also be offered to members. Local teenager, Séon Devine (16) recently finished his work experience with the SDLP quoted “I really enjoyed my time here with the SDLP Youth in Strabane. I’ve had the opportunity to work closely with the Strabane SDLP in helping to address the underlying fundamental issues faced by the people of Strabane on a daily basis, and I’ve got involved in a wide variety of great activities. I enjoyed it so much I decided to join as an official member. I believe that every young person should be able to avail of the services I’ve been able to; as I enjoyed a trip to Stormont, where I met the party leader, Alasdair McDonnell, and enjoyed have a great conversation with him. I also recently got taken to the Omagh Fair, on official duties, where I got to hold the Olympic Torch, and meet people that I normally wouldn’t have got to meet.”    

No comments:

Post a Comment